- Robert Lewandowski achieved something unique in the 2019-20 season: not only did he win the treble, but he was also the top scorer in all three competitions –which is unprecedented!
- He scored 34 times in the Bundesliga, 15 times in the Champions League and 6 times in the DFB-Pokal (German Cup) –that makes 55 goals in 47 competitive matches.
5 times top goalscorer
- Lewandowski has been top scorer in the Bundesliga five times (over the last seven years): 2013/14 for Borussia Dortmund, 2015/16, 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20 for FC Bayern München.
- Apart from Lewandowski, only Gerd Müller has finished Bundesliga top scorer more than three times (Müller topped the goal scoring charts seven times-three years consecutively from 1971 -1974).
Personal and Bundesliga records
- During the 2019-20 season, Lewandowski scored 34 goals in 31 games and was the top scorer from Matchday 1 until the end of the season (he scored in each of the first 11 matchdays –a new Bundesliga record). The only previous “start-to-finish” top scorer was Gerd Müller in 1972/73.
- Lewandowski also set a personal record for number of goals in a single season in 2019/20 with 34 Bundesliga goals. Never before has a non-German player scored so many goals in a Bundesliga season.
- Only Dieter Müller (34 goals in 1976/77) and Gerd Müller (3 times) have also scored 34 times or more in one Bundesliga season.