A record champion among goalkeepers
- Manuel Neuer is one of five players who were apart of both FC Bayern München’s treble wins (2013 and 2020)
- He has also won eight Bundesliga titles (alongside David Alaba, Jérôme Boateng, Thomas Müller and Javi Martínez), captaining the team for the last three.
- Together with Oliver Kahn, Neuer is now the record holder for number of championships won among Bundesliga goalkeepers.
- He is also the only goalkeeper in European football to have won the treble twice.
Back fully fit throughout the 2019/20 season again
- After injury concerns in the 2018/19 season (missing eight Bundesliga games), Neuer was consistently fit in 2019/20, playing in 51 of their52 competitive games.
- He performed well in the 2019/20 Bundesliga season, finishing with 73% of shots saved.
- In 33 Bundesliga games, he conceded just 31 goals. There have been seasons with fewer goals conceded. Moreover, in the second half of the season, he conceded just9 goals in 16 Bundesliga matches.
- He kept a clean sheet 15 times –leading the league.
- In the2019/20 UEFA Champions League, he conceded only 8 goals from11 games, kept6 clean sheets and saved 78% of shots against him.
Outstanding again in the Champions League final
- As in the 2013 Champions League final against Dortmund, Neuer also performed exceptionally well against PSG in 2020: He thwarted two great chances for the French and thus twice avoided FC Bayern going behind.
- PSG Coach Thomas Tuchelsaid: “Manuel Neuer is of course a bit of a competitive distortion”.
- Neuer (twice) joins Sepp Maier (3 times)and Oliver Kahn (once) as one of only six FC Bayern goalkeepers to have experienced European glory.
Five-time World Goalkeeper and captain of the German national team
- Neuer has been named World Goalkeeper five times: four times consecutively between 2013-2016, and again in 2020 (Oliver Kahn was named World Goalkeeper three times).
- Neuerwas nominated for the World Player of the Year in 2014 –alongside Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
- Neuer has been captain of the German national team since 1 September 2016, and in 2014 won the FIFA World Cup, where he was also named in the FIFA Dream Team and All-Star Team.