The final Uganda Cranes squad that will be travelling to South Africa for a friendly game with the Bafana Bafana has been named by head coach Abdallah Mubiru.
The squad was confirmed after the team’s last training session at the MTN Omondi Stadium, Lugogo on Monday morning.
Bobosi Byaruhanga, Isma Mugulusi, Steven Sserwadda, Aziz Kayondo and Derrick Kakooza make the cut while Vipers’ and StarTimes UPL leading top scorer, Yunus Sentamu, has been dropped from the final squad.
The team will be captained by Emmanuel Okwi after Denis Onyango and Hassan Wasswa retired from international football.
The team which consists of 23 players will fly out of the country at 8:40 pm on Monday night aboard Uganda Airlines.
South Africa will host Uganda in a friendly game on 10th June 2021 at the Orlando Stadium, Soweto.
The Full Traveling contingent:
Goalkeepers: Ismael Watenga, Mathias Kigonya, Charles Lukwago
Defenders: Paul Willa, Kizza Mustafa, Kayondo Abdu Aziizi, Walusimbi Enock, Juuko Murushid, Lwaliwa Halid, Mbowa Paul Patrick, Muhamud Hassan
Midfielders: Lwanga Taddeo, Byaruhanga Bobosi, Kagimu Shafik, Okello Allan, Waiswa Moses Ndhondhi, Lumala Abdul, Orit Ibrahim, Mugulusi Isma, Sserwadda Steven
Forwards: OkwiEmmanuel (Captain), Mukwala Steven, Kakooza Derrick
- Leader of Delegation: Kalibbala Chrizestom
- Head coach: Mubiru Abdallah
- Assistant coach: Mbabazi Livingstone
- Goalkeeping coach: Kajoba Fred
- Team Coordinator: Massa Geoffrey
- Team Doctor: Nakabago Emmanuel
- Kit Manager: Bumpenje Frank
- Media officer: Batanudde John
- National Teams officer: Mukatabala Paul
- FUFA Secretariat staff: Bagenayabo Innocent
- Delegates: Ngobi Jamal (Eastern Region FA) and Mawadri Charles (West Nile Region FA)
- Journalist: Mbabazi Grace
- FUFA Official: Ndugga Emmanuel