The UEFA Nations League continues through the weekend and today, there are games involving some of Europe’s biggest guns with the likes of France, Portugal, England, Belgium among others.
In our value picks today, Croatia takes on Portugal at the Stadio do Dragao in the UEFA Nations League cup. The two nations were drawn in group 3 of league A alongside France and Sweden. It should be one of the most difficult groups in this year’s campaign.
Portugal are the defending champions after overcoming Netherlands in the last edition of the tournament held in 2019.
The two sides have met five times and Portugal remain unbeaten in this encounter with their most recent meeting, a friendly, having ended in a 1-all draw in 2018. Portugal have beaten Croatia 3 times and shared spoils twice.
Os Navegadores have won their last two games in the Nations league without conceding. They beat Luxembourg 0-2 and Lithuania 6-0 while Croatia are unbeaten in their last five games having won three (against Slovakia x2, Hungary) and drawn three (against Azerbaijan, Wales).
Both teams have been involved in high scoring games with each side producing at least 2.5 goals in their last Nations league outings.
While the two sides have no registered players on the sidelines it is safe to say both teams will have their best available although teams might be a bit changed.
The players from both teams have not been as sharp as their last engagements in the competition.
Therefore, we expect a low scoring game – under 2.5 goals (Odd 1.6)
Relevant MelBet odds:
- Portugal winning : 1.952
- Draw result: 3.46
- Croatia win: 4.02
- Portugal to win or draw(1X): 1.27
- 12 (DC): 1.336
- Croatia to win or draw(2X): 1.885
Here are more of our value picks and predictions for other UEFA Nations League matches
- North Macedonia vs Armenia – Macedonia win/Over 2.5 (Odd 1.54/2.25)
- Gibralter vs San Marino – Gibralter win (Odd 1.49)
- Iceland vs England – England win/Over 2.5 (Odd 1.32/1.775)
- Azerbaijan vs Luxembourg – Under 2 (odd 1.84)
- Cyprus vs Montenegro – Cyprus win/Under 2 (Odd 3.192/1.92)
- Estonia vs Georgia – Georgia win (Odd 1.816)
- Sweden vs France – France win (Odd 1.86)
- Denmark vs Belgium – 2X (Odd 1.325)
Here are the predictions for our regular pick – England’s league Cup
- Reading vs Colchester – Reading win
- Salford city vs Rotherham – Rotherham win
- Newport county vs Swansea – Swansea win
- Tranmere rovers vs Harrogate town – Tranmere win
There are many other matches that can be great sources of value. You just have to know where to look – visit MelBet to place your bets on the best odds
We are committed in our support of responsible gambling. Recommended bets are advised to over-25s and we strongly encourage The Touchline Sports readers, followers and punters to wager only what they can afford to lose.