The FUFA Communication Director Ahmed Hussein has confirmed that each Uganda U-17 girls national team player will receive $100 as financial support from FUFA ahead of their FIFA U-17 Women World Cup qualifier against Cameroon.
Uganda is due to face Cameroon in Kampala next month in the first leg of the final qualifying round of the 2021 FIFA U-17 Women Cup qualifiers, with the return leg scheduled a fortnight later in Cameroon.
The aggregate winner of the two-legged ties will progress to the 2021 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup finals due to take place in India starting February next year.
“FUFA will release funds to 35 players who are part of the U-17 Girls’ national team and each player will receive $100 to aid them in personal training as they prepare for the final stage of the FIFA U-17 World cup qualifiers with Cameroon. The coaches have been in constant engagement with the players, sharing training manuals as we wait for Government to lift the lockdown on sports activities,” Hussein confirmed via the FUFA website.
“We believe this facilitation will help the players to continue with personal training as we work around plans to get the team to camp in preparation for the matches against Cameroon. FUFA is ready to support the team so that we realize our target of qualifying to the 2021 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in India,” he added.
The beneficiaries of this fund will be the previous U-17 Girls squad plus the six new faces that were named by coach Ayub Khalifah.
Below is the full list of Uganda’s U-17 Girls who are due to receive the fund;
- Daphine Nyayenga- Uganda Martyrs High School
- Joan Namusisi – Isra Soccer Academy
- Zulaika Ngamita – Asubo Gafford Ladies
- Gift Nasasira – Maroons WFC
- Grace Aluka – Kawempe Muslim Ladies
- Samalie Nakacwa – Kawempe Muslim Ladies
- Sumaya Komuntale – Tooro Queens
- Bira Naddunga – Olila High School
- Gillian Akadinda – Olila High School
- Gloria Namugerwa – Uganda Martyrs High School
- Stella Musubuka – Kawempe Muslim Ladies
- Patricia Akiror – Ajax Queens FC
- Winnie Kwatira – Jinja United FC
- Devine Mirembe – Asubo Gafford Ladies FC
- Shamira Nalugya – Kawempe Muslim Ladies
- Shakira Nyinagahirwa – Kawempe Muslim Ladies
- Kevin Nakacwa – Uganda Martyrs High School
- Moreen Nangonzi – Ajax Queens FC
- Aucho Kagongo – St. Noa
- Ruth Nyakato – Tooro Queens FC
- Phiona Matama- Watoto Girls
- Sumaya Kyomuhendo – Isra Soccer Academy
- Sumaya Tibazalika – Sumaya (Wakiso)
- Juliet Nalukenge – KawemPE Muslim Ladies
- Zaina Nandede – She Kataka FC
- Fauzia Najjemba – Kampala Queens
- Hadijjah Nandago – Kawempe Muslim Ladies
- Margaret Kunihira – Kawempe Muslim Ladies
- Catherine Nagadya – Uganda Martyrs High School
- Zaitun Namaganda – Taggy High School
- Eva Nagayi – Rines WFC
- Ritah Mushimire – Kawempe Muslim Ladies
- Kamuyati Naigaga – Taggy High School
- Esther Adokole – She Kataka FC
- Brenda Munyana – Uganda Martyrs High School