Uganda Premier League side SC Villa have been deducted two points and two goals after ugly scenes during their match with Wakiso Giants on November 11th, 2021 at Wankulukuku Stadium.
The FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel has also ordered Villa to play the next five home league matches behind closed doors in a neutral stadium outside the FUFA Regional FA’s of Kampala, Buganda and Eastern at a venue licensed by FUFA for the 2022/23 SUPL.
The said match ended in a 2-1 victory for Wakiso Giants but immediately after the game Villa fans pelted stones towards match officials in protest of what they claimed “Poor officiation”. At halftime, they also denied the officials access to the dressing rooms.
The rulling by the FUFA CDP read in parts;
In arriving at the decision, the CDP took into consideration the following
- The gravity of the findings against the club.
- Precedents in regard to matters of the same nature
- The fact that SC Villa is a repeated offender.
- The submission of the Club that deduction of points and fines is not
sufficient to solve the problem
- The need to for the sanction to act a deterrent measure
And hereby; sanctions SC Villa for violation of the FUFA Competitions Rules
and Regulations and to emphasize the offence identified above with:
- An immediate deduction of two (2) points and two (2) goals from those
already accumulated by the club.
- Five (5) StarTimes Uganda Premier League home matches for SC Villa
played in a closed stadium in a neutral territory outside the jurisdiction of
the FUFA Regional Football Associations of Kampala, Buganda and
Eastern and at a stadium already licensed for the 2022/3 StarTimes Uganda Premier League matches.
- A suspended deduction of two (2) points and two (2) goals for a period of 30 days within which SC Villa is to avail to the CDP the individual culprits and all relevant details that orchestrated the hooliganism for onward transmission to the match integrity committee for necessary action.
- Sanction no.3 above shall be retracted automatically should the club avail the culprits within the above stipulated time frame. Failure for the club to avail the said individual culprits, two (2) points and two (2) goals shall automatically be deducted from those accumulated by the club.
- The club is directed to keep its fans in order as stated in Article31(10)(f)(iii) above to stop putting the game into disrepute.
Villa currently sits fourth on the log with 13 points in seven games. With the two points deduction, they drop to seventh with 11 points.