Isma Ssematimba was the difference between Uganda Martyrs Bugerere FC conceding many and the result that was as Buikwe Red Stars won their first Buganda Region League match.
Uganda Martyrs Bugerere FC fell 1-0 to Buikwe Red Stars in their first match of the Ssezibwa group in the Buganda Region League. However, it was the visitors’ number 1, who neutralized the home side’s ambition to leave it at a 1-0 courtesy of Shafiq Kiryowa.
The shot-stopper made a number of stunning saves to deny Buikwe and was voted man of the match in the end.
This comes a day after Lugazi Municipal beat Butema Soccer Masters 6-0 in Lugazi and it was Isma’s heroics that helped Uganda Martyrs Bugerere to avoid the humiliation of such a nature.
Elsewhere in the Ssezibwa group, Luweero United beat Seeta United 4-2, Kampala University defeated Simba 1-0, the same score with which Free Stars managed to defeat Busula FC. Kiwanga United also lost 1-0 to visiting Kira United.
In the Katonga group, Kajjansi United convincingly beat Masaka Cityat Kajansi 4-1, while Busiro United lost 3-1 to Kiyinda Boys. Entebbe also managed a 2-1 win over Kampala University Masaka.
Today, Synergy FC beat Manyangwa FC 3-1 at the Masaka Recreation grounds. goals from Kyeyune Meddie, Nakibinge Ben John and Yiga Frank were enough to hand the Masaka based side victory in their first game of the Buganda Region League.
Full Match Day 1 Results:
- Lugazi Municipal 6-0 Butema Soccer Masters
- Luweero United 4-2 Seeta United
- Busula 0-1 Free Stars
- Kampala University 1-0 Simba
- Kiwanga United 0-1 Kira United
- Buikwe Red Stars 1-0 Uganda Martyrs SS
- Kajjansi United 4-1 Masaka City SC
- Busiro United 1-3 Kiyinda Boys
- Kampala University Masaka 1-2 Entebbe FC
- Synergy FC 3-1 Manyangwa FC
Games not Played:
- Buwambo United Vs Lukaya Town Council
- Kakiri Town Council Vs Standard High Zzana