Uganda Premier LeagueVipers SCWakiso Giants

StarTimes UPL: Vipers held by Wakiso Giants in Wakiso

Kitara players celebrating John Wesley's second goal against Lugazi FC.

Wakiso Giants held Viper SC to a 1-all stalemate in a StarTimes Uganda Premier League game played at Kabaka Kyabbagu Stadium on Tuesday.

Ibrahim Kasule’s first half strike was cancelled out by Hillary Mukundane in the second half for the points to be shared in Wakiso.

Vipers started off the game the brightest and had their first attempt at the goal as early as the fourth minute, but Wakiso Giants’ goalkeeper Samson Kirya denied Cromwell Rwothomio header.

Cromwell came so close again in the 8th minute but his volley oozed just meter wide after being first to react on a poor clearance.

But it was Wakiso Giants, with their first attempt at goal who broke the game’s deadlock through Kasule, who rose highest to head past the on-rushing Alfred Mudekereza after an excellent Alex Komakech cross.

A few moments later, Yunus Sentamu almost levelled matters for Vipers SC but he was denied by the top post after rising highest at the back post to head a Cromwell cross.

Midway the opening half, Kirya made two incredible saves to deny both Watambala and Yunus in quick succession.

Cromwell was also denied from scoring in the 28th minute by Komakech, who rushed to the goal line to make a header clearance after Kirya was beaten by the Vipers forward’s header.

After a couple of relentless attempts at the purple sharks backline, Vipers finally levelled matters just before the hour mark through Mukundane who capitalized on poor goalkeeper by Kirya to pounce in.

With a point garnered, Vipers move to five points and now sit 10th on the log.

For Wakiso, they move to third place on the log with 11 points in six games.

The story is being updated…..

Startimes UPL: Red Eagles set to win second game in a row against Log Leaders

Previous article

CECAFA U20: Uganda beat Sudan to qualify for AFCON U20 finals

Next article