StarTimes Uganda Premier League club, Bright Stars’ request for change of name has been approved by the Federation and will with effect from next season become Soltilo Bright Stars Football Club.
Bright Stars who had ‘Soltilo’ as part of their logo and name ‘Bright Stars’ last season change name with immediate effect after the club’s Japanese majority shareholders Soltilo Limited claimed the naming rights to the club.
The decision to this effect was arrived at during the FUFA Executive Committee meeting held on Tuesday 15th September which was chaired by the FUFA President Eng. Moses Magogo.
A listing of ten more clubs handed in requests for change of name, however, Sorts Barca FC’s request to change the name to Ibanda United was unanimously rejected because the name was currently used by another club.
Ibanda United have changed their name to Ibanda Municipal Sports Club therefore their previous name couldn’t be used by another club to avoid lack of clarity.
Full List of Approved requests
- Bright Stars FC to Soltilo Bright Stars FC
- Kengere Ward FC to FC Soroti Thunders
- Light SS FC to Soroti City FC
- Diamond Stars FC to Arua City Council FC
- Future Options FC to Rwampara Bulls FC
- U-Touch FC to Gulu City Council FC
- Northern City FC to FC Pager
- Ibanda United FC to Ibanda Municipal Sports Club
- Bukedea Town Council FC to Blacks Power FC
- Doves All Stars FC to Arua Hills FC
- Faith Hope Love FC to Moyo Town Council FHL FC