The head coach of the Uganda Beach Soccer team, The Sand Cranes, Jamal Salim Muwonge has announced a provisional 16-player squad that will start preparations for the upcoming 2021 Beach Soccer Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal.
The 16 players will enter residential training camp at the FUFA Technical Center, Njeru for 11 days, starting on Friday, 7th May.
Before the team flys out of the country to Senegal on 18th May 2021, the squad will be trimmed to a final 12-player squad required for the tournament.
Uganda was pitted in group A with hosts, Senegal, Tanzania and DR Congo.
Group B comprises of the best ranked team on the continent Egypt, Morocco, Seychelles and Mozambique.
This year’s tournament will take place between 23rd and 29th May 2021 in Saly, Senegal.
Uganda will be featuring at the continental showpiece for the first time in history and made it to Senegal after their opponents in the final qualification phase Ghana withdrew.
The 2021 FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup will be held in Russia and the winning and second-best African teams will qualify for the tournament
The Squad summoned
- Meddie Kibirige (St Lawrence University BSC)
- Samson Kirya (Buganda Royal BSC)
- Nasser Lwamunda (Kiringente BSC)
- Mutebi Ronald (St Lawrence Universty BSC)
- Paul Lule (Buganda Royal BSC)
- Davis Kasujja (MUBS BSC)
- Douglas Muganga (MUBS BSC)
- Byaruhanga Rica (St Lawrence University BSC)
- Kikonyogo Jonathan (St Lawrence University BSC)
- Suleiman Ochero (St. Lawrence University BSC)
- Ismail Kawawulo (MUBS BSC)
- Baker Lukooya (St Lawrence University BSC)
- Emmanuel Wasswa (St Lawrence University BSC)
- Swalley Ssimbwa (St. Lawrence University BSC)
- Ambrose Kigozi (Buganda Royal BSC)
- Head coach – Salim Jamal Muwonge
- Assistant Coach- Bashir Mutyaba
- Team Doctor – Ivan Kulika
- Team Manager – Tonny Ssebagala
- Media Officer – Julius Bazzeketta