Kyadondo Ssaza appointed George William Lutalo to take on the coaching role ahead of the 2020 Airtel Masaza Cup slated for this August. A big question lies in whether he is the right man for the job.
Kyadondo who finished in third-place position at the 2019 tournament after the playoffs against Buddu, will task coach Lutalo to deliver the trophy they last tested in 2008, which was also their first.
Lutalo is Sam Ssimbwa’s assistant coach at StarTimes Uganda Premier League side URA FC, though not new in the Masaza cup having had a stint at Gomba, a team he led to the 2016 finals despite falling to Buddu.
George William Lutalo will have to beat the odds and surpass Ronald Lukungu’s legacy at Kyadondo which led to a bronze medal finish in the previous edition.
Lutalo is yet to name his technical team but he will have to work hand in hand with the management committee of nine members. The committee is to be chaired by Mayanja Moses.
The management committee
- Moses Mayanja – Chairman
- Jimmy Lukwago – Vice-chairman
- David Kalibala – Vice-chairman Technical
- Nusurah Sittankya – General secretary
- Martin Juuko – Treasurer Kanakulya Rajab – Media officer
- Joseph Mugisha – Team manager
- Lekoboam Lubega – Head of security
- Edmund Kintu – Team doctor