Kampala Junior Football Association (KAJUFA) revived it’s operational structures and made some changes to the board format.
The changes were aimed at enabling the respective personnel to serve in their capacities based on professional experience and promoting the female gender in the game of football as well.
The new format has had the Executive committee trimmed from 13 to 5 members so as to create space for the newly formed Sub Committees in the KAJUFA structure.
This also sees the introduction of the board and regional ambassadors that are tasked to promote and improve the scale of the association’s services.
The Subcommittees introduced include:- Secretariat, Technical Department, and the Welfare department.
The following are the vetted and confirmed board members, Executive committees, and Sub Committee members and department heads.
Board of Trustees
- Ms. Dian Hope Nyago. H/M Jinja SS
- Mr. Ssejengo Sulaiman Chairman Masaza Tournament
- Mr. Kigongo Farouk. FUFA Youth Delegate
- Mr. Kavulu Ernest. H/M Budo Junior School
- Mr. Mutalaga Peter. USA Diplomat
- Chairperson: Ms. Birungi Sarah
- Gen Secretary: Ssebuyungo Barnabas
- Finance: Wafula Edgar
- Technical: Ssewaali Ivan
- Welfare: Tugume Robert
- Legal & projects: Reserved
- Admin: Nalukwago Lilian – Katale United SA.
- Fundraising: pending
- Marketing: pending
- Publicity: Ms. Namagambe Elsie H/M Naluvule college school
- Competition: Pending
- Referees: Benon Magumba
- Awards: Ms. Nakiguba Cissy
- Accommodation: Ms. Betty Mayanja
- Feeding: Makumbi Shakur
- Security: Mudholo Shafic
- Kampala Central: Nsubuga Kasim – Leicester Academy
- Ass: Mutumba Ismael Nsereko. KJT
- Entebbe: Mukasa Naphtali – Bweya Academy
- Bombo: Ssenkunda Ali – Everton Ug Academy
- Masaka: Pending
- Mityana: Galiwango William – Mityana Academy.
- Jinja: Bart Kiyemba – Proway Academy.
KAJUFA Regional Ambassadors
- Greater Masaka: Juuko Sulaiman – Butenga Academy
- Bugisu: Munagwa Ashraf. TYAF Academy Budaka
- Busoga: Byamugisha Bernard – Namutumba SA.
- Lango & West Nile. Obiira Bob – Lira United Academy
- Kasese: pending.
Kampala Junior Football Association. KAJUFA is the oldest youth football Association in Uganda founded in 2002 to develop grassroots football in Uganda through uniting junior football teams and academies.
The Association has groomed and natured other National Football Associations such as UYFA and produced leaders serving to FUFA Assembly and National team.
KAJUFA’s activities climax every year with a rotating annual soccer camp tournament. This has been going on since 2002 with targeted talent exposure of boys age 11 – 17 years and girls 15 – 17 years from various Soccer academies in Uganda and beyond borders.
The Association aims at exposing young players’ talents to academic institutions and other sports industry development partners.
KAJUFA has set a level in sensitizing the nation about the importance of developing football right from grassroots. By statistics, over 56000/- young players have played at the KAJUFA tournament since 2002.
The Association now aims at focusing on creating a platform of jobs for professional careers to coaches.